Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My new jelly cabinet!

Look what Steve made for me! It's a jelly cabinet.
After I picked out the paint, he told me he wouldn't have made it for me if he would have known what color I was going to paint it, but I have always loved this warm mustard yellow color, so my thinking is paint it the color I love and to heck with what others think. The color is called Dark Amber and I have used a Antique Walnut stain over top of the paint.
Wouldn't you know after I finished it Steve said "well it looks pretty good after you did all that to it." When will he learn, he builds and I paint, I know what I'm doing (sometimes).
This was actually a trade off job for Steve and I No not that kinda trade, get your minds out of the gutter. LOL See I had this old have door setting around here for a year or more that I was suppose to paint and take to the shop to sell, Steve was tired of seeing it and told me if I would paint it, he would make me this cabinet. So I painted the door up and on the three panels stenciled "Faith, Family and Friends", it turned out nice, sorry I took it to the shop before taking any pick of it. Anywho I think I came out pretty good on this trade. He He I just realized my cabinet matches my blog background.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Tonya it's beautiful! Your husband did a beautiful job with it and I love the color!

Cathy :)

Tonya said...

Thanks, Cathy
Hubby did do an awesome job.

SunshineandRavioli said...

Well I think you got the better end of this deal! He did a great job and I LOVE the color...but my dh would have the same reaction- what is it about men and painted wood?

Tonya said...

Steph, Oh I surely did get the better end of the deal. Hubby always wants just regular old stained wood, and I of course want to paint everything. Thanks