Thursday, June 28, 2007

My soldier!!

Here is our son Sgt. Kurt, I snapped this picture on the morning we had to take him to the airport to fly back to Iraq, hence the sad look on his face.
He was home for his two week leave, he came home to enjoy his 21st birthday at the end of May.
We are so proud of him, he is so brave, smart and hard working.
We really miss him, but we are am so glad that we can email, message and call each other often. Keeping in touch helps me not to worry so much. I try to remind myself that each day he is away makes it one less day until he comes home and that is how I do this one day at a time.


2 comments:

NeNe said...

Thank you for the sacrafice that you and your family are making. I know you must be so proud of your son. God bless him and keep him safe.

Laura
http://prairieprims.blogspot.com

Tonya said...

Laura,
Thank you very much, I am extremely proud of Kurt, and anytime someone tells him or I "thank you" it brings a tear to my eye. Thank you, Tonya