Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I built a cat house!

Yes, that's right I built a cat house, when I was 7 or 8 years old. My Dad had been building something and had left some pieces of scrap 1x4's laying on the porch.
We didn't have any dogs at the time just our cat Tiger, a sweet affectionate tabby. So with hammer in hand I got to work, nail this board here and that one there, this was so cool I had found my calling I was creating something out of some discard junk.
Well my masterpiece was finally complete, I was so proud, I bound through the screen door and belted out proudly " I built a cat house!" to which my Dad exclaimed "You better not have built a cat house on my front porch." then gave a big ole chuckle.
Well how was I to know at my young and tender age that a cat house was another name for a "house of ill repute".
Well I no longer build cat houses, but I do think that is when I sparked my love of taking someones discarded items and making them into treasures.

1 comment:

shweetpotato said...

LOL thats a hoot :D I used to build my cat houses (not built actually lol) out of cardboard boxes :D Carm