Monday, July 9, 2007

Traded the laptop for the blacktop this weekend.


Wow! I actually traveled from one end of the county to the other this weekend. Okay so I spend way too much time on the laptop especially the internet, with forums, blog and Ebay. It was time to get out in the real world for awhile, trade the laptop for the blacktop, hit the open road. Saturday evening we went to one of my all time favorite places: Maramec Springs Park this is just such a peaceful and beautiful place, it is a trout fish hatchery feed by a spring. The park is also a wildlife sanctuary so it is full of whitetail deer. While there we saw a Momma deer with her two
babies, they were still trying to nurse although I guess Momma was trying to ween them because she kept walking away every time they tried.
I love the sound of the rushing waters it is so calming, we saw a couple setting in lawn chairs beside the bridge falls reading, now I could do that all day long. If I lived closer I would go there every day, I don't think that it would loose it's charm, I could watch those little twin fawns grow up.
I have to remember to go there this fall and take more pictures, those will be beautiful with all the fall colors.
This is a great place to take the kids, we use to take the boys there when they where smaller and went places with us. The kids loved to feed the trout, they have food you can buy there, the chubby squirrels must pick up all the leftovers that fall on the
ground, because they were some of the chubbiest squirrels I have ever seen.
If you ever get a chance to visit the

springs you will not regret it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ask the two people in the lawn chairs to leave them there for you to use? This looks like one beautiful spot and I know I could enjoy a day or two of sitting next to the falls...and just sitting, not even doing anything else! Thanks for sharing this special place with us...

Tonya said...

Thanks Cassie, my only regret that day was that we went so late in the evening, but that is when all the deer come out. I want to go back and spend the whole day.