Saturday, July 28, 2007

Picket fence & purple coneflowers

This is my picket fence, doesn't every girl want a white house with a picket fence. Well my house isn't white but I did come up with an idea for the little picket fence. On day while at Lowe's I spotted this bundle of tomato stakes, well of course I was not going to use them for staking tomatoes, that's just not very crafty. I have always wanted a little fence or something for the back of my flower bed and this little job works great.


It is actually three pieces hinged together and braced on back, you have to add the brace because without it, it does not want to stand too well and the wind will keep knocking it down. One of the pickets is broken, I think it just adds to the primitive old look I love. We spray painted it with some white paint.

Looks like my grapevine and morning glories have found a home.


The purple coneflowers did wonderful this year. These flowers are great they are very hardy and grow in a nice big mass, plus they are just pretty. :-)

4 comments:

LoveThePrimLook said...

Love it all !!!!

Angie

Tonya said...

Angie, Thank you.

PAT said...

Hi Tonya! Great auction finds!!

I just read your comment at the back porch. Thank you so much. I hope you return often.

I see you were at St Gen. That's a destination, we're thinking of going for our day trip, this week.

We haven't been to Meramac Spring in a very long time. Great place!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

SunshineandRavioli said...

Oh I love Coneflowers and yours are just gorgeous! Very clever idea with the tomato stakes also....